An Automatic Transmission is a core auto part of a powertrain, along with an engine, and requires the most advanced technology. In addition, it transmits the engine power to each wheel in order to increase the powertrain power, maintain a certain speed , shift gears and transmit/block the power.
Moreover, unlike a manual transmission, the automatic transmission automatically shifts gears through its TCU (Transmission Control Unit), based on ongoing driving conditions.
- 1.Parking Apparatus
- a An anti-slip apparatus for parking
- A wet-type multi-disc frictional machine that makes up some gear-shifting modes through a clutch/brake combination Clutch : Delivers the engine power to a planetary gear Brake : Secures a planetary gear
- 3.Valve Body
- It is an oil pressure controller that provides some oil pressure to relevant components based on certain signals given by a TCU
- A part that wraps around & secures a transmission to provide an oil path
- 5.Torque converter
- It is a fluid coupling that transfers the engine power to a transmission and is composed of an impeller, a turbine and a stator. In addition, it is equipped with a damper clutch for gas mileage & NVH enhancement
- A device that transmits torque to a drive shaftand absorbs certain rotational differences
- A part that shifts and delivers the engine power in line with ongoing driving conditions